Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ancho Chile Fudge Pie

When I went to see my Aunt Wanda a week or so ago, she gave me this recipe from my cousin Cindy. I made it and it is absolutely delicious served warm with coolwhip or ice cream.

Ingredients:
1- 9 inch deep dish pie crust ( frozen)
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (2sticks)
1/2 cup pecans chopped
1/2 cup walnuts chopped
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup melted and 1/2 cup not melted
2 tsp. ancho chile peppers pureed

Ancho Whole Chilies-- to prepare Boil whole dried chile in small pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, Remove stems, seeds and grind in blender. Makes kind of paste. Can freeze rest for another pie.
Melt butter, allow to cool,You can toast pecans and walnuts, I did not and it was perfect. (too much trouble)
Beat eggs well, add flour, and sugars. Mix til smooth, Add cooled butter, add nuts, chile peppers, melted choc. chips, and whole choc. chips. Pour in pie shell, bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 min. Enjoy

I made ahead for company and kept in frig, heated it to serve.

No comments: